3,000 Conversations for Building Respect
- Engage – 3,000 Conversations for Building Respect: An opportunity to record your experiences and share the progress we’re making together to build respect for religious difference.
- Watch – Stranger/Sister Screening Event and Q+A: Tanenbaum was joined by the co-founders of the Sisterhood of Salaam Shalom, to host a virtual screening and live Q+A of the film Stranger/Sister. A story of two ordinary women – one Muslim and one Jewish – who dared to believe they could build bridges to overcome the hate.
- Watch – Earth and The Divine Webinar: Tanenbaum CEO, Rev. Mark Fowler, Gopal Patel, Director of Bhumi Global, and Hadrien Coumans, Co-Founder and Director of the Lenape Center, discuss how we can better understand the relationship between Earth and the divine, and explore what this means for humans.
- Engage – Q&A: The Refugee Crisis: A fact sheet about the 65.3 million displaced persons across the world today. Who are they? Where do they come from? Where do they go?
- Engage – A Q&A on the Rohingya Crisis & Buddhist Extremism in Myanmar: A fact sheet that answers the questions: Who are the Rohingya? How did the current Crisis start? Who is the Buddhist extremist group targeting them? And more.
- Read – The Rohingya Origin Story: Two Narratives, One Conflict: A fact sheet explaining why divergent claims among the Rohingya and other ethnic groups in Myanmar about the Rohingya’s origin in the region lay at the heart of the conflict.
- Watch – Thou Shalt Not Stand Idly By Q&A: A conversation with author Dr. Georgette F. Bennett, Tanenbaum Founder & President, and Tanenbaum CEO, Rev. Mark Fowler, giving context to the Syria conflict, highlighting the challenges of displaced persons, and sharing strategies for long-term peacebuilding.
- Read – The Golden Rule: Offers translations of the world’s great religions’ statements of the Golden Rule, to “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”
- Read – The Platinum Rule: Offers translations of the world’s great religions’ statements of the Platinum Rule, to “Do unto others as they would want to be done to them.”
- Watch – The Platinum Rule Video: Listen to members of different faiths share quotes that embody the platinum rule within their religious texts.
- Read – Calls and Prayers for Peace and Justice: Read calls and prayers for peace and justice from many of the world’s great religions and philosophical traditions. They echo common threads that connect us, regardless of our different beliefs or lack of belief.
- Read – Reflections on Nonviolence: A resource about diverse faith perspectives on nonviolence.
- Read – Shared Visions: Show how world religions view everyday topics in complementary ways, including education, forgiveness, and charity.
- Read – Shared Visions: Courage: A resource to remind us that across the world, diverse religions and beliefs recognize the power of fear and the importance of courage. Shared Visions prompt us to be curious about other religions and beliefs, to ask questions, and find answers.
- Read – Shared Visions: Good Deeds: A resource of diverse religions and beliefs’ perspectives on good deeds.
- Read – Shared Visions: On Women: A resource of diverse faith and belief perspectives on women.
- Read – Thanksgiving & American Indian Wisdom, Quotes & Prayers: A Shared Visions resource that includes American Indian wisdom, prayers, and guidance.
Top Banner: Religious leaders with Tanenbaum Peacemaker in Action, Dishani Jayaweera, Sri Lanka (front row, third from left)