Ways to Take Action
3,000 Conversations for Building Respect
- Engage – 3,000 Conversations for Building Respect: An opportunity to record and share the progress we’re making around the behaviors of building respect for religious difference.
- Engage – 7 Principles for Inclusive Education: Tanenbaum’s well-researched and accessible framework to increase equity, decrease exclusion and explore diversity in classrooms.
- Engage – Guidelines for Conducting Open Conversations: A “How-To” guide to help you share and discuss our resources.
- Watch – Courageous Conversations: We shared a night of Courageous Conversations at Brooklyn Law School. Our panelists Arno Michaelis and Mubin Shaikh shared powerful and aspirational stories of conversations that pulled them out of extremism, while panelist Kiran Thadhani discussed dialogue’s transferable devices for any situation. Spend some time watching the footage from the evening, then share with your communities and plan a Courageous Conversation of your very own!
- Engage – Best Practices for Ethical Representation: A guide for unpacking our own biases in the storytelling process and assessing the role media plays in creating and exasperating them.
- Engage – Five Ways to Counter Extremists on Social Media: A “How To” resource sheet for rising above social media extremists and right-wing hate groups.
- Read – What is Fake News? Do You Know?: Fake News – The Five Key Takeaways
- Listen – CEO Rev. Mark Fowler Featured on Yass, Jesus Podcast: Hear Tanenbaum CEO Rev. Mark Fowler explore faith, sexual identity, and the history of Tanenbaum in an episode of the Yass, Jesus! Podcast
- Read – 303 Creative Amicus Brief: Tanenbaum partnered with SRZ to file an Amicus Brief in in response to a lawsuit brought by a graphic designer refusing website design services to LGBTQ+ engaged couples on the basis of the graphic designer’s religious beliefs.
- Read – Faith-Based Health Care and the LGBT Community: Opportunities and Barriers to Equitable Care: A paper exploring the contemporary state of LGBT health care and LGBT equity in faith-based health care institutions.
- Read – Masterpiece Cakeshop – The Five Key Takeaways: Sharing the five key takeaways of the Masterpiece Cakeshop lawsuit.
- Read – Prism of Identities: Tanenbaum CEO Rev. Mark Fowler shares his reflection with OutLeadership about the beauty in our differences.
- Watch – Beyond the Blame Game: A conversation between Tanenbaum and PFLAG National providing tools for mitigating conflicts and creating cultures of inclusion for everyone.
- Watch – Faith and Pride Series: The narrative surrounding faith and sexual identity has often been depicted as conflicting parts of a person’s identity. We asked LGBTQ+ people of faith to introduce themselves, share their stories, and thoughts about How do you see, or wish to see, respect being practiced between and among faith and Queer groups? Watch their reflections here.
- Watch – Religion vs. LGBTQ Patient Care: A False Narrative: A conversation exploring the narrative surrounding LGBTQ+ care at both faith-based and secular facilities and ways hospitals can create more inclusive environments.
- Engage – Five Ways to Combat Antisemitism NOW!: A resource for learning about and combating antisemitism.
- Engage – Tree of Life – 5 Ways You Can Take Action Now: A resource providing actionable steps you can take to dismantle bigotry and violence following the Tree of Life synagogue shooting.
- Read – Religious & Spiritual Approaches to Anti-Racism: Religious and spiritual communities are actively engaged in anti-racism work. This fact sheet highlights organizations and initiatives working to move the needle toward justice.