Click to toggle navigation menu.

News & Events

Tanenbaum’s Faith & Race Series – Introducing Jerilynn Payne

Celebrating Black History Month means celebrating the diversity and fullness of Black/African American culture and identity.

According to PRRI, around 71% of Black Americans identify as Christian. What about the remaining 29%?

This month, Tanenbaum is spotlighting faiths within the Black/African American community that we may not always hear from. This self-representational series is part of our ongoing initiative to collect and show the beautifully personal ways people live their religion, spirituality, and beliefs.

We kick off our spotlight series with a reflection from Jerilynn Payne sharing her experience as a Black Jewish woman.

I think it’s important for us, for me, to embrace my tribes together…”

Watch Jerilynn’s full video here and stay tuned for more reflections as Black History Month continues.

If you or someone you know would like to participate in our Faith and Race series, please visit the link here to share your story.