DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
Tanenbaum’s Conflict Resolution program identifies, studies and supports the work of religious peacemakers in conflict zones around the world. Our initiatives with and on behalf of these women and men promote religious peacemaking as a legitimate and sometimes necessary component of conflict resolution/transformation, peacebuilding and Track II (citizen) diplomacy.
Tanenbaum seeks an experienced audio and podcast Production Intern to support the development and production of our podcast pilot initiative. The Podcast Production Intern will be responsible for shaping and creatively presenting one audio case study about a selected Peacemaker in Action. This requires original storytelling and the ability to bring a unique perspective into listen-first experiences for a diverse audience.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
- Utilize existing Peacemaker stories to develop compelling audio/podcast shows and series in partnership with Tanenbaum staff and Peacemaker(s)
- Manage and enhance Tanenbaum’s existing audio products while producing new and original audio offerings with expert storytelling technique
- Oversee audio production, including interviews, pre-interviews, scheduling, story ideas, sound editing and mixing
- Partner with other Tanenbaum teams on marketing, sales, and communication strategies
- Produce one case study on one Peacemaker from start to finish: pre-production, interviewing, editing, sound mixing, and post-production
- Support producer and Tanenbaum staff with research, transcription, and story development
- Audio editing skills and experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- 2+ years of experience in audio storytelling with 1+ years contributing to production on a successful podcast program
- Prior knowledge of podcast equipment and studio set-up
- Proactive and creative with excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with the format and content of podcasts such as Ministry of Ideas, The Peacebuilding Podcast, and Diffusion (of the Carnegie Corporation of New York)
- Strong journalistic judgment
- Ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions
- Strong collaboration skills
- Cultural competency and awareness
- Ability to work with a small team
The Podcast Production Intern will work on a majority remote basis, with once a week in Tanenbaum’s Manhattan office.
The Podcast Production Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship.
This internship will last one semester. Priority will be given to applicants with an ability to contribute for at least 3 months/ the length of one semester.
Interested candidate may send a cover letter, résumé, description of previous podcast and audio experience, as well as a sample of your podcast work to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
TANENBAUM | Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org