NOTE: The CME course is being evaluated for accreditation and is not available at this time. If you would like to be notified when the CME becomes available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This 60-minute audiovisual online CME course will improve your religious literacy and cultural competence in health care. Users learn how cultural practices and religious beliefs often impact patient decision-making, treatment choices and the need for new approaches to patient-centered care.
The course offers one AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ to physicians. This course assists health care practitioners in:
- Understanding why religio-cultural competence must be addressed in patient care
- Identifying obstacles that interfere with this type of patient centered care
- Recognizing the impact of your own religious and cultural beliefs on interactions with patients
- Exploring how and when religious beliefs intersect with patient care
- Learning techniques to communicate effectively with patients about their religious beliefs