The Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding promotes mutual respect with practical programs that bridge religious difference and combat prejudice in workplaces, health care settings, schools and areas of armed conflict.
Tanenbaum pioneered the work in religious diversity in the workplace. We consult directly with national and international corporations, government agencies, institutions of higher learning and leading not-for-profits on issues such as religious bias and accommodation, and train employees at all levels to develop respectful communication around religion in an increasingly diverse workforce. We provide workshops, webinars, panel discussions, policy reviews and consultations for our client companies, in addition to conducting national surveys and other research and resources on religion in the workplace.
The Program Associate will report to the Deputy CEO and Senior Program Associate in addition to occasionally working with the CEO.
The Program Associate will be primarily responsible for developing and leading initiatives to broaden the reach and impact of the program’s products and services (Corporate Membership, presentations, workshops, online resources etc.). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Expanding the Workplace program by identifying, supporting and spearheading opportunities for new initiatives.
- Conducting and developing workshops, presentations, webinars and other programmatic speaking engagements.
- In collaboration with the Senior Associate, managing the Corporate Membership program (including updating Corporate Members on the status of their benefits, , scheduling consulting time and leading consulting calls, providing log-in access for Religion at Work subscribers, conducting benchmarking interviews, and other relationship management and client services as needed)
- In collaboration with the Senior Associate, managing relationships with strategic partners and developing new relationships to help the program complete its work more effectively
- Conducting ongoing research related to relevant laws, religious discrimination in the workplace, diversity and inclusion trends, organizational and professional development, etc., and ensuring that Tanenbaum’s training programs and products are effective, up-to-date and cutting edge.
- Liaising with clients on projects.
- Responding to requests for information about the Workplace
- In collaboration with the Senior Associate and Deputy CEO, leading outreach and marketing initiatives, including identification of target markets and new opportunities, creation of outreach materials, and tracking responses and following up as needed.
- Managing the program’s Monitoring & Evaluation initiative by tracking key indicators and reporting annually on findings.
- Supporting Communications with updating and maintenance of Workplace resources; researching, drafting and finalizing materials for print and online publication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Graduate degree in law, organizational development, or other related field a plus
- At least 2 years’ experience in public speaking, training and/or facilitation.
- Exceptional research, analysis and written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Highly organized and adept at multi-tasking.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Background in law, diversity, intercultural communications, or human resources a plus.
- Experience with distance or online learning helpful.
- Skilled at project management.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Takes initiative.
- Team player.
- Represent Tanenbaum and the program in a professional manner at all times.
- Enjoy working with people and possess strong communication and motivation skills.
- Expertise in computers including internet research, Windows, MS Word and Excel.
- Sense of humor.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email and how you learned of the position.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org