The Video Intern reports to the Communications Manager and will work at least 15-20 hours weekly. The Video Intern will be part of the Communications Department and participate in departmental strategy discussions as well as the daily responsibilities of the department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Review and transcribe Tanenbaum videos
- Assist in video editing, including multi-channel interviews.
- Recommend ways to use Tanenbaum’s videos to tell compelling stories.
- Assist in online promotion of Tanenbaum videos
- Assist in social media, including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Hootsuite
- All other responsibilities to enhance Tanenbaum’s communications and growth.
The Communications Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact the public relations and marketing efforts of an international non-profit organization and take part in Communications Committee discussions with senior communications and PR professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- Ability to translate concepts into enticing, clear and concise videos.
- Computer skills. Knowledge of video editing software (i.e. Final Cut Express) and YouTube
- Exceptional storytelling skills as evidenced in application materials.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized and productive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- College experience or equivalent
- Sense of humor.
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Communications Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Communications Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, a very brief writing sample and links to two videos (with credits) to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
TANENBAUM | Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org