Social Media Intern
Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
The Communications Intern reports to the Communications Manager and will work at least 15- 20 hours weekly. The Communications Intern will be part of the Communications Department and participate in departmental strategy discussions as well as the daily responsibilities of the department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Research for articles for website and e-newsletters.
- Public relations support.
- Work with programs to facilitate foundational outreach to Media Ambassadors.
- Assist in online promotion of Tanenbaum programs and content.
- Assist in social media, Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Monitor news daily and develop timely hooks related to Tanenbaum’s programs, products, and services.
- Work with teams to draft copy for communications materials.
- Assist in production of promotional materials.
- All other responsibilities to enhance Tanenbaum’s communications and growth.
The Communications Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact the public relations and marketing efforts of an international non-profit organization and take part in Communications Committee discussions with senior communications and PR professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Strong experience with social media and technology.
- Ability to translate concepts into enticing, clear, and concise written materials.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized and productive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Adobe lnDesign, Twitter, Linkedln, Facebook preferred.
- Current student
- Sense of humor.
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Communications Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Communications Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship. You must be a current student, enrolled in a school program throughout the duration of your internship experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and one or two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
As this position is remote, the Social Media Intern must have access to a computer and stable internet.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum | Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004