Social Media Intern
Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
The Communications Social Media Internship is an exciting opportunity to contribute to an eventful fall at Tanenbaum. The Communications Social Media intern will work with Tanenbaum’s Communication team and play an integral role in the creation and repurposing of content across our Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram platforms to support Tanenbaum’s work ensuring people are not targeted because of their identity and beliefs.
While generally overseen by the Assistant Director of Communications – Creative Content and the Assistant Director of Communications – Media & PR, the Communications Social Media Intern will work directly with the Communications Associate. The Communications Social Media Intern will work remotely at least 15-25 hours per week, depending on availability. The Communications Social Media Intern will be a member of the Communications team, which includes contributing to departmental strategy discussions, along with additional internship responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Public relations support.
- Synthesize social media analytics for audiences across platforms.
- Create and develop a social media content calendar.
- Work with programs to facilitate foundational outreach to Media Ambassadors.
- Assist in online promotion of Tanenbaum programs and content.
- Survey current social media trends to continue broadening our reach and grow our social media following across our Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Identify current Tanenbaum resources that can be created into multimedia resources.
- Brainstorm strategies to share our work through informative and engaging video/photo content.
- Monitor news daily and develop timely hooks related to Tanenbaum’s programs.
- Identify potential social media ambassadors that align with Tanenbaum’s mission.
- Assist in production of promotional materials.
- Assist in managing campaigns on Memory Fox.
- Create social media posts to promote Tanenbaum events like Tanenbaum’s 30th Anniversary Gala, film screenings, and other programmatic campaigns to encourage registrants when needed.
- Curate content for social media campaigns, including #MakingPeacePossibleMonday, #ThankfulThursday and #WorldReligionsWednesday.
- Assist in documenting social media and website stats with Google Analytics.
- Recommend a weekly resource for Tanenbaum’s Religion in the News
- Contribute to the Social Media section of the Communications Manual.
The Communications Social Media Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact the public relations and marketing efforts of an international non-profit organization and develop hands-on experience while contributing to the organization’s social media strategy and presence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong experience with social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) and technology.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Ability to translate concepts into enticing, clear, and concise written materials.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and productive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills. Knowledge of software like Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Current student.
- Sense of humor.
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Communications Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Communications Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship. You must be a current student, enrolled in a school program throughout the duration of your internship experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and one or two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to [email protected]. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum | Center for Interreligious Understanding
200 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10038
Email: [email protected]