Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
The Communications Intern reports to the Communications Manager and will work at least 15- 20 hours weekly. The Communications Intern will be part of the Communications Department and participate in departmental strategy discussions as well as the daily responsibilities of the department.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Research for articles for website and e-newsletters
- Public relations
- Work with programs to facilitate foundational outreach to Media Ambassadors
- Assist in online promotion of Tanenbaum programs and content
- Assist in social media, Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Monitor news daily and develop timely hooks related to Tanenbaum’s programs, products and services
- Work with teams to draft copy for communications
- Assist in production of promotional materials
- All other responsibilities to enhance Tanenbaum’s communications and growth
The Communications Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact the public relations and marketing efforts of an international non-profit organization and take part in Communications Committee discussions with senior communications and PR professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Strong experience with social media and technology
- Ability to translate concepts into enticing, clear and concise written materials.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized and productive.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Adobe lnDesign, Twitter, Linkedln, Facebook preferred.
- Sense of humor
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Communications Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Communications Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and one or two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to hr@t anenbaum.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com