The Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding is a secular, non-sectarian organization. Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs. Tanenbaum’s Conflict Resolution program identifies, studies, and supports the work of religious peacemakers in conflict zones around the world. Our initiatives with and on behalf of these women and men promote religious peacemaking as a legitimate and necessary component of conflict resolution/transformation, peacebuilding and Track II (citizen) diplomacy.
Tanenbaum seeks an experienced audio and podcast Script Writer to lead the construction of our podcast pilot initiative. The Script Writer will be responsible for shaping and creatively presenting two audio case studies about two Peacemakers in Action. This requires original storytelling and the ability to bring a unique perspective into audio experiences for a diverse audience.
This is a project-based position to last approximately 3 months from the date of hire. The completed project product will be scripts for two case study podcasts (most likely multiple episodes per case study).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
- Write podcast scripts for two case studies on two Peacemakers by utilizing existing audio; this may include multiple-episode scripts for each case study and one brief trailer
- Utilize existing Peacemaker and scholarly stories and audio to develop compelling script for audio/podcast shows and series in partnership with Tanenbaum staff and Peacemaker(s)
- Manage and enhance Tanenbaum’s existing audio products while producing new and original audio offerings with expert storytelling technique
- Partner with other Tanenbaum teams on marketing, sales, and communication strategies
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- 2+ years of experience in audio storytelling with 1+ years leading production on a successful podcast program
- Prior knowledge of podcast structures
- Prior audio storytelling and script writing experience
- Proactive, creative, and possess excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with the format and content of podcasts such as Ministry of Ideas, The Peacebuilding Podcast, and Diffusion (of the Carnegie Corporation of New York)
- Strong journalistic judgment
- Ability to communicate on an executive level while managing the details of multiple daily productions
- Strong collaborative skills
- Cultural competency and awareness
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with a small team
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE
The position will be entirely remote.
LENGTH OF CONTRACT
Approximately 3 months. This is a project-based position: two case study scripts.
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
Commensurate with experience. Submit your hourly rate within cover letter.
Please send a cover letter (including hourly rate), résumé, and description of previous podcast and audio experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com