The full-time Operations Associate will be responsible for administration and support of all Tanenbaum operations and report directly to the Assistant Director of Operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally by supporting a busy Operations Department in a dynamic not-for-profit organization. Tanenbaum’s Operations Department is responsible for Human Resources, Financial Management, Technology, Facilities, and Administration. The Operations Associate will take part in all areas of Operations.
The ability to work with confidential information and to maintain complete confidentiality with respect to said information is essential.
- Support the hiring, onboarding, and termination of staff
- Support the administration and management of employee benefits
- Support coordination of staff events and training
- Support design of HR strategies to enhance collaboration, staff environment, and wellness
- Maintain and update staff human resource files
- Monitor and track paid time off usage and accrual
- Help process cash receipts and disbursements
- Assist with bank reconciliations and booking payroll
- Generate gift receipts, invoices, and process incoming payments/donations
- Support management with audit fieldwork
- Assist with the tracking of pledges, donations, and other revenue
- Other bookkeeping responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Director of Operations
- Support the management of all information technology, in partnership with our technology consultants and Communications Department, to ensure that all computer systems are functioning properly, information is secure and backed up, and staff technology needs are being met
- Research technological solutions, options, and updates as needed
- Coordinate general repairs and maintenance of equipment and appliances
- Support day-to-day management of office facility
- Research equipment upgrades and purchases as needed
- Coordinate the maintenance and usage of common office areas, including conference rooms, kitchen, and supply areas with the entire staff
Administration and General Operations:
- Perform product research
- Manage vendor relations
- Update administrative and operational procedures
- Fulfill product orders
- Maintain general office files
- Greet guests and answer phones
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
- Such other responsibilities and tasks as may be necessary and appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Versatile technology skills and strong PC skills, especially with MS Office
- Represent Tanenbaum in a professional manner at all times
- Understanding of the fund development process a plus
- Sense of humor
- Self-starter, can-do attitude, motivated, flexible, and able to take initiative in all situations
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting, operations, administration, and/or human resources a plus
- Detail oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and present it clearly
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant internship or professional experience in an office setting
- BA or BS degree required, MA a plus
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and one or two brief writing samples (less than four pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com