The full-time Operations Associate will be responsible for the administration and support of all Tanenbaum operations and reports directly to the Assistant Director of Operations and CEO.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow professionally by supporting a busy Operations Department in a dynamic not-for-profit organization. Tanenbaum’s Operations Department is responsible for Human Resources, Financial Management, Technology, Facilities, and Administration. The Operations Associate will take part in all areas of Operations, Human Resources, and assist the Development team.
The ability to work with confidential information and to maintain complete confidentiality with respect to said information is essential.
- Lead the hiring and onboarding of all staff and interns
- Collaborate interdepartmentally to create ongoing internship opportunities. Manage the hiring process for all internships, including conducting first-round interviews
- Update the onboarding process on an ongoing basis to ensure relevant interdepartmental trainings, Tanenbaum resources, etc.
- Manage all employee benefits, plan renewals and employee benefits questions.
- Plan and coordinate ongoing staff events, staff trainings (internally and externally facilitated), with special attention on Department of Labor requirements
- Design HR strategies to enhance collaboration, positive staff environment, interdepartmental communication, and overall organizational wellness
- Conduct annual staff surveys to quantifiably assess Tanenbaum’s staff environment
- Maintain and update staff human resource files and paid time off usage
- Schedule all performance reviews between staff and their managers; ensuring the templates for discussion are updated and relevant
- Collaborate with management to update job descriptions on an ongoing basis.
- Administer an open-door policy for any and all staff questions, concerns, grievances, etc., while maintaining utmost confidentiality; communicate approachability and patience
- Exemplify all Tanenbaum policies and procedures for staff
- Help process cash receipts and disbursements
- Assist with bank reconciliations and booking payroll
- Generate invoices and process incoming payments/donations
- Track all donation/non-donation income records for Development, Programs, and Executive Office
- Support Assistant Director of Operations and management with audit fieldwork
- Other bookkeeping responsibilities as assigned
- Support the management of all information technology, in partnership with our technology consultants and Communications Department, to ensure that all computer systems are functioning properly, information is secure and backed up, and staff technology needs are being met
- Coordinate general repairs and maintenance of equipment and appliances
- Assist staff with technology needs and questions as needed
- Support day-to-day management of office facility, ensuring all office supplies are well-stocked
- Research equipment upgrades and purchases as needed
- Coordinate the maintenance and usage of common office areas, including conference rooms, kitchen, and supply areas with the entire staff
- Liaise with building management to ensure that office is being maintained properly
- Such other responsibilities and tasks as may be necessary and appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant internship or professional experience in an office setting
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting, operations, administration, and/or human resources a plus
- Experience with Intacct, Bill.com, or Tallie financial tools a plus
- Clear and strategic thinker, a self-starter with strong follow-through
- Proven ability to manage and implement multiple projects, and meet deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data and present it clearly
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Versatile technology skills and strong PC skills, especially with MS Office
- Represent Tanenbaum in a professional manner at all times, especially when advertising and recruiting for Tanenbaum job and internship opportunities
- Understanding of the fund development process a plus
- Sense of humor
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
$45,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience
The Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding is a secular, non-sectarian organization that promotes mutual respect with practical programs that bridge religious difference and combat prejudice in areas of armed conflict, schools, workplaces, and health care settings.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and one or two brief writing samples (less than four pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum | Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004