Manager of Events
Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
The Manager of Events will report to the Director of Development to execute special events to recruit, cultivate and steward a diverse donor community. The position is supported by the Senior Development Associate.
The Manager of Events is a goals-oriented, hands-on professional. They are a strategic and a concrete thinker with proven ability to implement and evaluate strategies and achieve measurable goals. They are a skilled communicator, with strong event planning skills and a track record in producing results in Development. The right candidate is able to maximize optimal functioning to meet departmental goals.
We seek someone with 3 -5 years of experience managing events, particularly large events. Critical abilities include: teamwork, project management skills, and ability to drive/manage complex projects; keeping track of both many small details and the larger picture; setting and updating priorities; communicating comfortably with donors.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow and diversify a dynamic organization’s financial support and to use its core messages to support fund development to proactively address one of the most critical issues of our time.
This is a full-time position at Tanenbaum. While the position is remote based, candidates must reside in the New York City area and be available to work on site in New York as needed, an average of four days per month, with more extensive on-site needs around event planning timelines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead planning and execution of Annual Gala, as well as calendar of in-person/virtual special donor events and public events
- Liaison with Gala consultant and serve as Tanenbaum representative for consultant-driven meetings
- Plan: including project plans, team coordination, and executing all logistics (timely solicitations and follow-up, venue, entertainment, vendors, seating charts, and acknowledgments)
- Assist the Director of Development and CEO in their individual solicitations and invitations
- Set and implement timelines
- Manage all communications collaborations
- Develop and manage budgets
- Review and finalize contracts
- Ensure vendor payments
- Schedule and lead internal briefings
- Plan and ensure the production of print and electronic materials for all events
- Develop event sponsorship decks
- Collaborate with Manager, Institutional Giving on corporate engagement and sponsorships
- Collaborate with Communications and program departments in developing constituent testimonials and all collaterals
- Meet all event-related goals and expand them by 10% annually
- Perform other duties as required across the department and organization to maximize success
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Passion for raising funds
- Three-plus years experience in management, with a proven track record of effective supervision and project management, and a demonstrated hands-on leadership approach
- Successful experience planning and implementing large-scale fundraising events, particularly Galas
- Familiarity with auction platforms
- Ability to create and execute development plans to reach goals
- Mentoring and supervisory skills
- Strong project management
- Competency with creating and overseeing budgets
- Ability to analyze and present data
- Compelling written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Mastery of the full suite of Microsoft and/or Google computer programs, including Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, etc. as well as Asana project management
- Facility with communication vehicles including email platforms and social media
- Sense of humor
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Commuter Transit Allocation
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- Three weeks vacation accrual during first year
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
$55,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to [email protected]. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email and how you learned of the position.
No phone calls, please.
TANENBAUM | Center for Interreligious Understanding
200 Broadway, 3rd Fl, NY, NY 10038
Email: [email protected]