Manager of Donor Relations and Events
Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
The Manager of Donor Relations and Events will report to the Assistant Director of Development and focus on individual giving to expand and diversify our donor base and plan and execute events to recruit, cultivate and steward a diverse donor community.
The Manager of Donor Relations and Events is a goal-oriented, hands-on professional. They are a strategic and a concrete thinker with proven ability to implement and evaluate strategies and achieve measurable goals. A skilled communicator, with strong event planning skills and a track record in producing results in Development. The right candidate is able to maximize optimal functioning to meet departmental goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow and diversify a dynamic organization’s financial support and to use its core messages to support fund development to proactively address one of the most critical issues of our time.
This is a full-time position at Tanenbaum.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Expand and sustain Annual Giving by:
- Securing gifts from and further engaging with donors both in and outside assigned portfolio through written correspondence, telephone contact, personal contact, and email, assuring that donor requests are processed in a timely manner
- Identifying and researching individual donor prospects, developing and implementing a strategic plan for cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and regular follow-up.
- Reviewing and updating all donor portfolios; including timelines and strategy for upgraded giving
- Developing partnerships to expand into new audiences to diversify funding streams
- Scheduling and implementing monthly small group donor conversations with CEO
- Planning and executing the production of print and electronic solicitations, for example, year-end campaign and crowdsourcing
- Facilitating meetings for CEO and Assistant Director of Development with donors and prospects including preparing briefing memos
- Planning and executing a calendar of donor e blast communications and analyzing click-through reports
- Promoting Monthly Giving Circle
- Overseeing gift entry and acknowledgment process
- Collaborating with the Communications department to develop key messages and storytelling to enhance Tanenbaum’s brand and support fundraising efforts, finalize video pieces and monitor and update website
- Collaborating with program departments in developing constituent testimonials
- Meeting all individual giving and events related goals and expanding them annually
- Keep up to date on current trends in philanthropy and adjust strategies and work plans accordingly
- Supervising and mentoring the Development Associate and Interns
- Utilizing DonorPerfect and DonorSearch to keep a record of and plan for donor identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Working closely with the Operations Department to ensure reconciliation and coordination of financial data
- Performing other duties as required across the department and organization to maximize success
- Liaison with Gala consultant
- Set and implement timelines
- Organize and coordinate host committees
- Manage all communications collaborations
- Develop and manage budgets
- Review and finalize contracts
- Schedule and lead internal briefings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Passion for raising funds
- Track record in raising funds from different categories of donors and designing and implementing fundraising strategies to reach goals.
- Three-plus years experience in management, with a proven track record of effective supervision and project management, and a demonstrated hands-on leadership approach
- Successful experience planning and implementing large scale fundraising events, particularly Galas
- Well-developed interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills with proven ability to write compelling donor communications pieces
- Proven success in writing effective solicitation/acknowledgment letters and managing fundraising campaigns
- Ability to create and execute development plans to reach goals
- Mentoring and supervisory skills
- Strong project management
- Familiarity with creating and overseeing budgets
- Ability to analyze and present data
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Willing to work occasional evening and weekend hours
- Mastery of the full suite of Microsoft and/or Google computer programs, including Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, etc.
- Facility with communication vehicles including email platforms and social media,
- Sense of humor
Flexible Work Schedule
Commuter Transit Allocation
403(b) Retirement Savings
Flexible Spending Account
Annual Professional Development stipend (after the first year)
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
$60,000-$64,000 commensurate with experience
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email and how you learned of the position.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum | Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004