This Graphic Designer position is a fantastic opportunity for an early career professional who is talented and enjoys converting text and complicated data into rich and innovative visuals such as infographics, event materials, institutional publications, donor materials, digital graphics, email templates, campaign, and conference print materials. The candidate will provide production support to the Creative Content Communications Manager with print and digital projects. Our goal is to create informative, comprehensible internal communication collateral and compelling external marketing materials that maintain the elevated design standard Tanenbaum holds in the market.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Assist the Creative Content Communications Manager with design deliverables that aim to distill complex concepts into informative materials, bringing clarity and insight to target audiences.
- Collaborate with the Development team in the creation of donor support materials.
- Follow branding guidelines when providing design solutions for print and digital communication materials including invitations, flyers, programs, brochures, reports and digital assets for social and web.
- Create clear and compelling images, infographics and presentations from technical information and Tanenbaum program analytics by using icons and manipulated images in Adobe Creative Cloud software.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Passion for social change and understanding of Tanenbaum’s goals
- Minimum 2 years of relevant internship or professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in Graphic Design/ Design Communication
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud software particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must be comfortable creating unique icons and vector graphics
- Experience with Emma and/or related email marketing applications
- Experience with creating engaging and contemporary graphics for social media
- Experience with photography a plus
- Very strong typography skills and design sensibility
- Knowledge of print production and pre-press best practices
- Represent Tanenbaum in a professional manner at all times
- Ability to take and process constructive artistic feedback and work independently
- Data analysis and M&E reporting skills a plus
- Excellent project management skills with good judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, planning and time-management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of WordPress a strong plus
- Familiarity with the nonprofit sector, and interest in helping to strengthen nonprofit organizations towards greater effectiveness
- Must have the ability to multi-task and operate on a fast-paced work schedule while meeting deadlines
- Sense of humor
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, a link to your online portfolio, and one or two brief writing samples (less than four pages in total) to email@example.com; applications lacking requested materials will not be considered.
In addition, be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org