Executive Office Intern
Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
This Intern position is an exciting opportunity to impact the Executive Office’s operations and take part in governance, strategic planning, fundraising, and general administration.
The Executive Office Intern reports to the Manager of the Executive Office and the CEO and will work between 15-25 hours weekly.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and support relationship management including timely follow-up from meetings, calls, emails including file memos
- Build rapport with Executive Office contacts
- Review and augment research, analysis, and materials for meetings and events including with potential funders and long-term strategic planning for the organization
- Prioritize CEO’s calendar and responsibilities appropriately to manage successful support to Tanenbaum departments
- Communicate effectively with staff and ensure that projects involving the Executive Office are managed and completed on time
- Anticipate upcoming projects and responsibilities and project manage them to ensure timely completion, including by notifying the Manager of the Executive Office to avoid delays and troubleshoot potential challenges
- Assist in coordinating and implementing governance process including preparation of materials for 4 Board meetings per year and quarterly Committee meetings; coordination with the Board of Directors and related Committees; and accurately transcribing Board minutes
- Organize departmental calendar
- Research organizations & manage applications for new Board of Directors candidates
- Problem-solve interdepartmentally for organizational efficiency
- Draft correspondence and email communications as requested and proactively to manage and suit the needs of the Executive Office and organization
- Coordinate local, national, and overseas travel arrangements
- Manage Executive Outlook contacts and data
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Other responsibilities as may be requested or required from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and adept at multi-tasking
- Strong work ethic, highly productive, and proactive
- Self-motivated and flexible with a high energy level; team player for interdepartmental requests
- Ability to anticipate and provide research, materials, and logistical support that is required in preparation for and ensure timely follow-up to meetings and travel
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, anticipate, and meet required deadlines
- Excellent phone manner and ability to establish working relationships via email and phone
- Strong problem-solving skills and good judgment
- Ability to execute ongoing tasks and operationalize systems consistently
- Represent Tanenbaum in a professional manner at all times
- Sense of humor
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Executive Office Intern is an unpaid position at this time. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship. Tanenbaum will also supply any information needed for you to apply for appropriate grants/fellowships.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and one or two brief writing samples (less than four pages) to [email protected]; applications lacking requested materials will not be considered.
In addition, be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
TANENBAUM | Center for Interreligious Understanding
200 Broadway, 3rd Fl, NY, NY 10038
Email: [email protected]