This is an exceptional opportunity for professional growth in the many different facets of a dynamic not-for-profit organization, including executive leadership, fundraising, and general administration.
We are looking for an extremely well-organized, self-driven person with high work standards who thrives in a busy and collegial workplace. Executive Assistant/Senior Executive Coordinator experience is preferred.
The Executive Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the effective and responsive operation of the Executive Office’s operations from the smallest detail, to supporting the CEO, to relationship management and providing strategic analysis and advice. The Executive Coordinator provides administrative, governance, strategic, time management, and clerical support for the CEO, which includes the following:
- Schedule meetings and maintain a complex calendar to optimize efficiency and productivity using the Microsoft Outlook Platform
- Manage and support relationship management including timely follow-up from meetings, calls, emails
- Prepare research, analysis, and materials for meetings and events including with potential funders
- Serve as liaison for the CEO’s external relationships
- Communicate effectively with staff and ensure that projects involving the CEO are managed and completed on time
- Anticipate upcoming projects and responsibilities and project manage them to ensure timely completion, including by proactively assembling appropriate people and resources to avoid delays and troubleshoot potential challenges
- Manage confidential information with a high level of discretion
- Manage, coordinate and implement governance process including: preparation of materials for Board and Committee meetings; coordination with the Board of Directors and related Committees; and keeping Board minutes
- Manage, coordinate and help implement Strategic Plan with CEO
- Draft and proof correspondence and email communications targeting various audiences
- Coordinate local, national, and overseas travel arrangements
- Attend meetings and/or represent the CEO at meetings as appropriate, and prepare follow up materials, including letters, memos, meeting minutes, and reports
- Support CEO on all technology-related functions including computer, social media etc.
- Manage Executive Outlook contacts and data, and utilize fundraising database
- Track and process Executive credit card and petty cash expenses
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Assist CEO with personal matters to maximize efficiency of daily operations
- Other responsibilities as may be requested or required from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- BA or BS degree minimum
- Experience working with and supporting senior management preferred
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and adept at multi-tasking
- Evening and weekend work availability
- Enjoys working with others
- Strong work ethic, highly productive, and proactive
- Self-motivated and flexible with a high energy level
- Ability to anticipate and provide research, materials, and logistical support that is required in preparation for and ensure timely follow-up to meetings and travel
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, anticipate, and meet required deadlines
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with Board members, prospective donors, corporate leaders, and Tanenbaum colleagues
- Ability to represent Tanenbaum in a professional manner
- Excellent phone manner and ability to establish working relationships via email and phone
- Strong problem-solving skills and good judgment
- Ability to execute ongoing tasks and operationalize systems consistently
- In-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point; knowledge of Creative Suite a plus
- Sense of humor
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and two different types of writing samples (fewer than five pages each) to email@example.com. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email and how you learned of the position.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, Floor 17, New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org