Tanenbaum’s Education program provides resources and professional development opportunities to K-12 educators that help them promote respect for religious diversity and create inclusive learning environments. Our resources include a variety of literacy-based, Common Core aligned, and academically integrated curricula and downloadable lesson plans. We offer professional development in the form of in-person trainings or free live webinars.
The Education Program Associate will report to the Director of Programs and, with the Director of Programs, periodically work with the Chief Executive Officer. The Associate will be primarily responsible for supporting the fulfillment of the goals of the Education Department including, but not limited to, dissemination of program and related resources, developing and maintaining partnerships, and the refinement of existing curricula and learning modules. There will be some evening and weekend hours, some travel, and the following responsibilities:
Curricula Development and Refinement
- Complete the adaptation of 2 program curricula by liaising with consultants.
- Manage the review/editing process with external consultants.
- Review all educational materials to assure their utility in the classroom and after school setting.
- Manage the design process with Communications staff.
- Create and execute outreach strategies including through communications efforts, to be developed in collaboration with Communications staff.
Assessment and Evaluation
- Expand and evaluate the reach of the program and the use of Tanenbaum resources in existing and new schools, with educators, and institutions through outreach, marketing and presentations.
- On an on-going basis, assess all training curricula based on observations, evaluations, teacher experiences and recommendations and then revise, modify and adapt with Director of Programs and CEO.
- Work with the Director of Programs and CEO to identify new directions and applications for the Education program and other Tanenbaum initiatives like the Combating Extremism
- Design evaluations of curricula resources and web-based trainings by working with program staff and consultants, implement evaluations, and develop reports on findings.
- Track downloads of curricula and related resources.
- Design, deliver and implement educator training/staff development trainings that provide professional development training for public, private, religious and afterschool educators.
- Conduct informal consultations.
- Model all program lessons and activities.
- Updated program content based on on-going research.
- Work in cooperation with the Development team to identify and prepare proposals for submission to potential program funders including by creating program/project narratives, budgets and final reports on outcomes achieved.
- Train and manage education program interns.
- Maintain the mailbox for the program and respond to all inquiries, questions and concerns.
- Draft letters, memos and other administrative functions as needed.
- Such other responsibilities as may be needed or appropriate.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum.
- BA and experience in K-12 school settings; MA and certification a plus.
- Knowledge of current trends in education and education philosophy.
- Strong interreligious, multicultural and/or anti-bias competence/skills.
- Experience training and strong presentation skills
- Understanding of and experience in marketing principles
- Understanding of the fund development process.
- Skilled at project management.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets.
- Experience in community-building a plus
- Organized and adept at multi-tasking.
- Takes initiative.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Team player.
- Ability to analyze data and present it.
- Computer skills including PowerPoint, MS Word, internet research.
- Represent Tanenbaum and the Education program in a professional manner at all times.
- Sense of humor.
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the employee is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the employee outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
Please send a cover letter with salary requirements, resume, and one or two brief writing samples (less than three pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email. Applications without salary requirements will not be considered.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com