The Development Intern reports to the Development Associate and will work between 15-25 hours a week. The Development Intern will be responsible for supporting a fast-paced Development department that is focused on significantly expanding fundraising efforts. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain professional experience in a dynamic organization that is addressing one of the most critical issues of our time. This is an unpaid internship.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Conduct prospect research on individuals, foundations, and corporate prospects.
- Create prospect profiles and briefing documents.
- Support special events as needed.
- Maintain and update donor records and lists as needed.
- Provide administrative support for the Development department, including donation confirmations, acknowledgments, emails, filing, faxing, and copying.
- Such other responsibilities as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Tanenbaum
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to analyze data and create clear written materials
- Interest in of fundraising and special events
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Sense of humor
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the intern is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Development Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Development Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and one or two brief writing samples (less than five pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding
55 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004