Tanenbaum promotes justice and builds respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred, and violence.
As a secular and non-sectarian non-profit, Tanenbaum works to promote religious peacebuilders who help counter extremism and violence in armed conflicts, and tackles religious bullying of students, harassment in workplaces, and disparate health treatment for people based on their beliefs.
DESCRIPTION OF PROGRAM
The Communications Internship is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Tanenbaum’s Communication team and play an integral role in the creation of content that supports Tanenbaum’s work ensuring people are not targeted because of their identity and beliefs.
The Communications Intern reports to both the Creative Content Communications Manager and the Media & Public Relations Communications Manager, and will work remotely at least 15-25 hours per week, depending on availability. The Communications Intern will be a member of the Communications team, which includes contributing to departmental strategy discussions, along with additional internship responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Compile a weekly news update for the Religion in the News email newsletter.
- Work with Communications Managers to identify and update educational resources.
- Draft a minimum of 8 emails/blog posts.
- Synthesize social media analytics for audiences across platforms.
- Work with the Development team to create a social media fundraising campaign to support Year-End fundraising efforts.
- Assist in the drafting of content for the Communication’s Department Manual.
- Work with Communications Managers to develop the Media Ambassadors campaign, and website page.
- Manage the social media calendar, including scheduling posts across platforms.
- Assist in documenting social media and website stats with Google Analytics.
- Assist with branding updates, including updating documents, reviewing content, and contributing ideas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Interest in Tanenbaum’s mission and goals as an organization.
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram)
- Familiarity with Hootsuite or other social media management platforms
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Ability to translate complicated ideas into enticing, clear and concise writing
- Strong editing and analytic skills
- Sense of humor
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- College experience or equivalent
All work produced for Tanenbaum by the intern is the work product of Tanenbaum and may not be used by the Communications Intern outside of Tanenbaum-authorized activities.
The Communications Intern is an unpaid position. Tanenbaum will work with you and your school so that you receive academic credit for the internship.
Please send a cover letter, résumé and a brief writing sample of no more than 500 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the name of the position in the subject line of your email.
As this position is remote, the Communications Intern must have access to a computer and stable internet.
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com