Thank you Elie Wiesel for bearing witness.
Tanenbaum mourns the loss of our Leadership Council member. Rest in peace.
In remembrance, we share your wisdom…
- Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
- Peace is our gift to each other.
- Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.
- Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.
- Human suffering anywhere concerns men and women everywhere.
- Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
- There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
- A destruction, an annihilation that only man can provoke, only man can prevent.
- One person of integrity can make a difference.
- For the dead and the living, we must bear witness.