Bullying is not new; every one of us has a story. But with the recent string of high-profile suicides involving anti-gay bullying and surprising results from a new study from the Josephson Institute of Ethics, everyone from parents to the President are realizing how serious an issue it truly is for our students.
- 50% said they had "bullied, teased or taunted someone at least once."
- 47% had been "bullied, teased or taunted in a way that seriously upset me at least once."
- 52% of students have hit someone in anger.
- 28% (37% of boys, 19% of girls) say it's OK to hit or threaten a person who angers them.
- 33% said violence is a big problem at their school.